- Accepted sheaths undergo partial disassembly, ultrasonic cleaning and the use of enzymatic detergents for cleaning of inner and outer surfaces of sheathing.
- Numerous validation tests are performed using highly sensitive measurement techniques to confirm cleaning effectiveness of the sheath, including the inner lumen
Inspection, reassembly and performance testing:
- Components are thoroughly inspected under magnification to ensure each component meets cleanliness and surface defect requirements
- Devices undergo controlled performance testing including bi-directional steering range, curve profile assessment and hemostasis valve integrity testing
After use, the sheath should be flushed, the stopcock should be left in the closed position, and the device should be collected in a Stryker provided collection tube.
The platinum plus program is a value-added service designed to promote sustainability and financial value for EP labs. This one-stop service provides supply cost reductions through the recycling of select catheters and their removal from the waste stream.
- All EP labs are eligible for this program
- Precious metals are recycled, such as platinum from catheters, in exchange for a payment based on platinum’s market value
- Use funds from the program to pay for future purchases, thereby lowering supply costs
Stryker Corporation or its affiliates own, use or have applied for the following trademarks or service marks: Stryker. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners or holders.