Surgical drill bits, blades and burs are specially designed surgical accessories to help the surgeon cut and drill bones and bony structures. Bits, blades and burs are used in operating rooms and surgery centers.
- Surgical accessories are logged in upon receipt and inspected for visible damage
- The validated cleaning process includes use of enzymatic detergents to remove organic contaminants, manual brushing while undergoing magnified inspection, multiple heated sinks including use of ultra-sonication and pressure washing used to reach targeted crevices
- Finished devices are packaged in Tyvek® peel pouches with distal ends covered by tip protectors (where applicable), and sealed within another pouch for double protection during shipping and handling
- Patella reamers and precision blades have unique packaging inserts
- Pouched devices are packaged in a variety of configurations and box quantities, depending upon amounts ordered
Bits, burs and blades should be collected in designated 17-gallon collection containers. Stryker 1-gallon or 4-gallon containers can also be used for collections in surgery centers or designated orthopedic specialty rooms.
Stryker Corporation or its affiliates own, use or have applied for the following trademarks or service marks: Stryker. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners or holders.