Fall alarms alert hospital staff when a patient has fallen off their bed or chair. They are typically used in patient’s rooms who have a high fall risk.
Decontamination and cleaning:
- Reprocessed fall alarms are initially inspected for visible damage.
- Devices found with visible damage or contamination are rejected immediately.
- Every fall alarm then undergoes pre-processing through a multi-step process that involves:
- Pre-treatment of visible soil using medical grade cleaners, disinfectant and tools.
- Manual removal of residual contamination.
- Replacement of disposable component parts (i.e. clips and bands), when applicable.
- Replacement of disposable labeling, when applicable.
Performance testing and inspection:
- Every fall alarm is functionally tested using an original manufacturer alarm unit or proprietary, validate alarm simulator.
- Testing includes wiring continuity and pressure checks sensitivity in a simulated patient environment.
- All testing ensures substantial equivalence to the original manufacturer’s device.
- Every fall alarm is inspected throughout various steps of the production process to ensure non-conforming products are rejected.
- Devices are inspected for debris, contamination and for overall device integrity.
- Routine quality control audits are completed to ensure process integrity.
- Reports are provided to senior management for operating line performance and control.
- Additionally, finished product performance attributes, including cleaning end points, are routinely subjected to random sampling and inspection.
Savings Direct is a program that enables healthcare organizations to manage their reprocessing programs internally, and is designed to support their efforts to reduce supply costs and environmental impact. Participating organizations drive collection and shipment of single-use devices (SUDs) to potentially maximize their savings.
Stryker Corporation or its affiliates own, use or have applied for the following trademarks or service marks: Stryker. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners or holders. Third party product distributed by Stryker.