HoverMatts are inflatable pads used to transfer patients laterally without causing harm to the patient or hospital staff.
Decontamination and cleaning:
- Reprocessed HoverMatts are initially inspected for visible damage
- Devices found with visible damage or contamination are rejected immediately
- Every HoverMatt then undergoes pre-processing through a multi-step process that involves pre-treatment of visible soil using medical grade cleaners, disinfectants and tools and removal of residual contamination
- Routine quality control audits are completed to ensure process integrity
- Reports are provided to senior management for operating line performance and control
- Additionally, finished product performance attributes, including cleaning end points, are routinely subjected to random sampling and inspection
Performance testing and visual inspection:
- Every HoverMatt is functionally tested using an original manufacturer air supply.
- All testing ensures substantial equivalence to the original equipment manufacturer’s device.
- Additionally, every HoverMatt is inspected throughout various steps of the production process to ensure non-conforming products are rejected
- Devices are inspected for debris, contamination and for overall device integrity
Savings Direct is a program that enables healthcare organizations to manage their reprocessing programs internally, and is designed to support their efforts to reduce supply costs and environmental impact. Participating organizations drive collection and shipment of single-use devices (SUDs) to potentially maximize their savings.
Stryker Corporation or its affiliates own, use or have applied for the following trademarks or service marks: Stryker. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners or holders. Third party product distributed by Stryker.