DVT compression sleeves are inflatable sleeves that connect to an air pump to augment blood flow in a limb for blood clot prevention. They may be used in all hospital departments, including ED, PACU/OR, patient care and specialty areas and in surgery centers.
Decontamination and cleaning:
- Reprocessed sleeves are decontaminated and cleaned through a multi-step process that involves
- Pre-treatment of visible soil using various cleaning agents
- High level disinfection or ethylene oxide exposure (depending on original manufacturer)
Performance testing and inspection:
- Every sleeve is inspected throughout various steps of the production process to ensure non-conforming products are rejected
- Devices are inspected for debris, contamination and for overall device integrity
- All reprocessed sleeves are performance tested using proprietary inflation testing equipment that simulates clinical use
- During the testing process, compression sleeves are pressurized at 1.5 times their respective operational pressure
- Any devices with air leakage are rejected
- Routine quality control audits and daily monitoring ensures process integrity
- Additionally, finished product performance attributes including cleaning end points are routinely subjected to random sampling and testing
DVT compression sleeves should be collected in designated hamper stands placed throughout the hospital.
is a program that enables healthcare organizations to manage their reprocessing programs internally, and is designed to support their efforts to reduce supply costs and environmental impact. Participating organizations drive collection and shipment of single-use devices (SUDs) to potentially maximize their savings.